Scottish Groatie Buckie Northern Cowrie Shell
Regular price $12.99
- Known throughout the British Isles as Cowrie shells (Trivia artica) these tiny lemon shaped gems are gathered from the North Scottish shores where they are known locally as Groatie Buckies
- Many consider them lucky and they have become the design for local Scottish jewelry makers
- A collectors favourite. One needs a keen eye to find these little gems and you can spend hours/days searching for them
- It is said that if you put a groatie buckie in your purse it will never be empty. Used in Scotland for jewelry, crafts and wedding gifts
- Dip them in gold for the ultimate earrings or necklace.
- Shells are from 5-10mm in size. Individual hard found Scottish Groatie Buckie Shells. (Trivia artica)
- These are the exact Groaties I had available on Ama__n.